To help you find what you're looking for, we've grouped our lending criteria into key categories. You can browse by category or use the search function to jump straight to the relevant entry.
What has changed?
- June 2022No changes
- May 2022
- April 2022No changes
- Application amendment form (PDF, 141KB)
- Buy to Let (PDF, 767KB)
- Consent to Let (PDF, 664KB)
- Cybercrime made simple (PDF, 717KB)
- Employed income (PDF, 1343KB)
- Evidential Documents Matrix (PDF, 156KB)
- Existing customers (PDF, 701KB)
- Foreign currency matrix (PDF, 552KB)
- Foreign Nationals (PDF, 649KB)
- Fraud bulletin (PDF, 327KB)
- Interest Only (PDF, 541KB)
- Lending into Retirement (PDF, 629KB)
- New Builds (PDF, 591KB)
- Overseas Customers (PDF, 830KB)
- Packaging Requirements (PDF, 546KB)
- Periods of leave & reduced income (PDF, 633KB)
- Product switch submission guide (PDF, 1080KB)
- Reasons to use HSBC UK (PDF, 808KB)
- Self-Employed (PDF, 779KB)
- Utilising Rental Income (PDF, 549KB)
- Vulnerable customers (PDF, 683KB)
Most searched terms recently in the site
Find out how much your customer may be able to borrow with these quick and easy-to-use calculators.
- Do I need to notify you if I want to cancel a case?
- What proof of income do you need for self-employed customers?
- If the term extends beyond retirement age, how do you assess affordability?
- What's your policy on lending to foreign nationals living in the UK?
- Which documents do you accept as proof of address?
- Which documents do you accept as proof of identity?
- How soon can a customer remortgage after taking out a purchase?
- When can I submit an additional borrowing application?
- What is your policy on new-build properties?
- Are overpayments allowed?