HSBC UK cuts 20 mortgage rates and increases lending limits
HSBC UK has lowered 20 mortgage rates, with cuts of up to 0.1% across its range of LTVs taking place immediately, the bank announced today. HSBC UK also confirmed it has increased its maximum lending on higher LTV mortgages.
The reduced mortgages rates include:
- 85% LTV 5 year fixed rate (£999 fee) down 0.10% to 2.74%, with the fee saver equivalent reduced by 0.1% to 3.04%;
- 85% LTV 2 year fixed rate (fee saver) lowered by 0.05% to 2.79%;
- 75% LTV 2 year fixed rate (£999 fee) cut by 0.10% to 1.39%;
- 60% LTV 5 year fixed rate (£999 fee) down by 0.05% to 1.29%; and
- 90% LTV 2 year fixed rate (£999 fee) down by 0.05% to 3.09%, with the fee saver equivalent reduced by 0.05% to 3.29%.
HSBC UK has also increased the lending limits on its 85% LTV and 90% LTV capital repayment mortgages, with the maximum borrowing on 85% LTV mortgage increased by 50% to £750k, and from £400k to £550k on 90% LTV borrowing.
Michelle Andrews, HSBC UK’s Head of Buying a Home, said: “There are lots of different elements to consider when looking for a mortgage to get onto or up the property ladder. Two big considerations are interest rate and how much you can borrow, and these changes will make a big difference.
“Alongside other changes we have recently made, including accepting variable pay as part of a mortgage application, we are excited about continuing to support homeowners and the wider property market.”